C
MoviesCasablanca - some classic movies don't age well, but this one is definitely timeless. I'm not even a huge Humphrey Bogart fan and I still love Casablanca. There is a reason that half of the lines in the film have become famous quotes.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - with subtitles of course, the voice over makes me a little nutty. I heard that this is a Chinese take on Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility and I can completely see that. Plus, women who can be feminine and still action heroes - I love that.
Books
Chalice (Robin McKinley) - a stunning short novel that makes bee keeping seem infinitely magical and cool.
Christy (Catherine Marshall) - I have at times been a little bit dismissive of "Christian fiction" but I shouldn't be - because Christy definitely falls into that category, and I love it. The story of a woman who travels deep into Appalachia to teach school and tests her faith in the process. Plus it has a good love story, which never hurts.
Crocodile on a Sandbank (Elizabeth Peters) - Again, I've written about Amelia Peabody before and how much I enjoy her as a character. I didn't think I really liked mystery novels - and then I read this.
Television
Castle - Of course :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment