B
Movies
Beauty and the Beast - I've written before about how much I like these characters so I'll just add that this is my favorite animated film of all time.
Better Off Dead - okay, so honestly this movie is stupid, really it is. It's essentially about a guy who is really into skiing and keeps having delusions and trying to kill himself because his milktoast girlfriend dumped him. However, it is also hilarious and extremely quotable. ("Gee, I'm really sorry your mom blew up, Ricky") I read somewhere that John Cusack kind of hates this movie, which made me sad.
Bourne Identity- One of the best action movies there is. Whenever I need inspiration for action sequences in my writing, this is the movie I turn to, it's my favorite car chase ever.
Books
Beauty (Robin McKinley) - there are a lot of good retellings of Beauty and the Beast, but this is my favorite. I think McKinley stays true to the original tale, while giving it a fresh and lovely spin of its own.
Bitterblue (Kristin Cashore) - oh, just realized I was wrong when I said The Avengers was the newest entry on the list, as I just finished this book last weekend. Kristin Cashore has written three books, they are all on this list, and I think Bitterblue is the best of the three. Also, since they are traditional fantasy and on the bestseller list it gives me hope that someday my books might have a chance.
The Blue Sword (Robin McKinley)- For a recent Relief Society activity we
were asked to bring a favorite book to share. I took this one. The
first time I ever thought "I want to write a book like this" I was
reading The Blue Sword.
Book of a 1000 Days (Shannon Hale) - I like that Shannon Hale took the inspiration for this fantasy world from Asia rather that Europe as is usually the case, it's a sweet, interesting story that I highly recommend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just got Graceling from the library and I'm looking forward to reading it!
Post a Comment