Monday, June 4, 2012

Favorites A to X - Part One "A"

So in the spirit of giving myself something to blog about this month, I'm going to do a list of my favorites in fiction (Books, Movies, TV) from A to X.  Why A to X and not A to Z? Well, because I apparently can't think of any favorites that start with Y or Z.  This might be mind numbingly boring reading, but hey, it's something right?


Movies
Aladdin - A few times a year Tracy and I have a Disney song listening fest - and almost every song from Aladdin makes that list.

The Avengers - The newest entry on my favorites list.  The more I think about this movie the more I like it.   I imagine we will be quoting it for some time. 

Books
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain) - This is one of those books that works as a great adventure read and as something deeper.   I had to read it for school, and it still survived to make it on the favorites list, that's a rare event.

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian (Sherman Alexie) - OK, this book definitely has mature content, so I'm not really recommending it.  But I still think it's a fabulous book about teens in general and Indian teens specifically.  It's one of those books that I found myself thinking about long after it was over.  

Television
A-Team - Not all childhood favorites age well, but Tracy and I watched some of these a few years ago and they were still fun.  I remember one of my elementary school teachers being somewhat startled when I said this was one of my favorite shows.  It might have had something to do with the fact I grew up with three brothers :-)  

 

No comments: