D
BooksDaughter of the Forest (Juliet Marillier) - I've written about the characters from this book before, so I'll add another note about why I like it. Marillier writes historical fantasy, in this case an era when their were still druids but Christianity was also just taking hold, and Marillier balances this really respectfully.
TV
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman - While there were some things about this show that bugged me, especially in its later seasons, I am constantly wondering why Netflix hasn't managed to add this to their instant play offerings.
E
MoviesEmpire Strikes Back - This is my favorite Star Wars movie, probably because it's the mushiest. Apparently when Princess Leia says, "I love you" and Han Solo said, "I know" it was an ad-lib by Harrison Ford. George Lucas wasn't sure it worked. He was wrong.
Ever After - Cinderella has never really been my favorite fairy tale. This was the first version of it that I really loved.
Books
Ella Enchanted (Gail Carson Levine) -There are other books by this author that I like, but this is my favorite. And the book is definitely much better than the movie.
Enna Burning (Shannon Hale) - the grimmest of Shannon Hale's books, but also one of the most powerful.
The Eyre Affair (Jasper Fforde) - An impossible to describe book Alternate history? Fantasy? Science fiction? All of the above and hilariously funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment