I just had an enchanting weekend with my cute husband. We did a few fun sightseeing things, but mostly it was just great to be able to see each other, I think it's terrific I have a guy who would happily take two days off of work and make two four hour flights just to hang out with me for a few days.
We went to the National Portrait Gallery/Smithsonian Museum of American Art, one of the major highlights was a special exhibition of Normal Rockwell paintings and sketches from the collections of Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas. It was a no photos exhibit, but there is a great slide show about the exhibit at http://americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2010/rockwell The facial expressions in these painting are one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. It's rare for the same art exhibit to make you want to cry and laugh out loud on a regular basis
On Friday night we went on the Monuments by Moonlight tour again. In spite of the fact that the heat and walking just about killed me at one point, it's still something I'd recommend to anyone who comes out here. Tracy and I had a definite, "Can you believe we're actually standing here again?" moment at the Lincoln Memorial. This is my favorite picture from the tour. (I am so going to miss him the next couple of weeks.)
On Saturday morning we went to a big outdoor market on Capitol Hill called Eastern Market. I got a cute hand made magnet and some serious produce. For a dollar we purchased two of the largest carrots I've ever seen in my life, and Tracy still managed to have them eaten by Sunday evening, which was a serious commitment I assure you.
Sunday was a quick trip to the Alexandria 1rst Ward for Sacrament Meeting and a trip to Arlington National Cemetery. Again the heat and walking (and an out of order escalator) had me in serious trouble for about two minutes, but it was worth it. The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is one of the most moving secular experiences I've ever had.
The best part though (pardon the mush) was just being with my guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment