I had a long rambling blog post on here for a few hours about an annoyance I had here, but I decided to take it off. I just decided I didn't want to be that negative, especially in print for all the world to see, so if you saw it before it was gone, just know I was having a professionally oriented grouchy moment, and I'll be happy to tell the story in person if you're curious.
On better topics, I received some money for my birthday from my nice family and couldn't think of anything truly worthy to spend it on at the time, so I had the idea of saving it for my trip here. It's been truly a gift to have some guilt free splurging money, so thank you Mom, John, Grandma and Tricia!!!
So far it's purchased some souvenirs and in what is apparently the result of too much healthy meal eating and walking I've been experimenting in high end desserts. The results are the following:
What makes a cupcake worth $3.00??? The answer....nothing. There's a trendy little cake place near my hotel so I thought I'd give it a try. Now, I'm not a cake person so maybe it's unfair, but I now know that nothing can make a cupcake worth $3.00 to me. (Though in frugality terms it was ok, because it was preceeded with the genius idea of buying my new reading material off of the book sale rack at the local public library. Two books for a dollar, yippee!!)
So if a $3.00 cupcake wasn't worth it, how could a six dollar dessert be worth it? Oh, baby. As an "after work snack" today I had a giant chocolate strawberry crepe from a stand in the Pentagon City Mall. YUM!!! That's the kind of thing that's worth the calories! (And once again for guilt minimization I came back to the hotel and had grilled chicken and tomatoes for dinner from my refrigerator stash).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment