Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lending Books

Today I was able to lend my friend Becky three of my books. Not just any three books, but three of my very favorites: Shannon Hale's Forest Born, Juliet Marillier's Wildwood Dancing and Robin Mckinley's Beauty. I realized I get a lot of joy out of lending my books to people. I think there are several reasons for that. The most selfish is that it helps me justify buying them. This is at least the sixth time I've lent out Beauty (which says a lot for my uber-responsible friends and family that I still have it to loan out), and it helps me feel like I'm getting a return on my investment. Another, slightly less selfish reason is that for me books are a great way to connect with people, they are fantastic conversation starters and a great way to share a piece of your personality. Lending books makes me so happy, I feel like the person borrowing them is doing me a favor. So Jenel's Lending Library will definitely remain open for business.

Oh and maybe all of this book lending will cancel out any bad overdue library book karma I might have accumulated over the years.

No comments: