Saturday, November 21, 2009

Inevitable New Moon Post and Other Stuff

I had a fantastic day today, I went clothes shopping and actually found exactly what I was looking for, plus the cute red t-shirt I couldn't bear to leave behind. I could even, mostly, afford it. I'm lucky to have a husband who always tells me to buy whatever I need. (Do I really NEED the sparkly red t-shirt? Ok, no, but I'm delighted to own it anyway.)

We also went to New Moon tonight. It was supposed to be a double date with Greg and Chrisann, Tracy's brother and sister-in-law, but Chrisann got sick, so it was just Tracy and I. We missed them, but we're glad we went, at least I am, you'll have to check with Tracy.

The movie was a lot of fun. I think that part of why I love the Twilight series so much is the setting, I love the beaches and the gorgeous green forests. I thought that this movie was truer to the spirit of the book than the first one, and a bigger budget certainly didn't hurt things at all.

One moment that made me laugh was Tracy's ad-lib of Jacob's thoughts, "What does he have that I don't have? Is it the fangs? Cause I've got fangs." Then I just told him that Edward doesn't have fangs and his response was "What good is a vampire with no fangs? It's like a fire truck without a ladder." Yes, I have a funny husband.

And, last but certainly not least, I called my wonderful Mom today, because it was her birthday. Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: