Thursday, December 11, 2008
Global perspective...
So I went out to lunch yesterday with a classmate, who (if I'm getting all this right) was born in Spain, grew up in Chile, speaks forty-thousand languages (ok, I think it was five), has an ancestry that includes the Middle East, Germany and Japan and is now a US citizen. And to top it all off is, through her part time job, basically saving the world. Hmm...did I feel boring? Yeah, a bit. However, we got to talking and found out we had some really great things in common. Part of it is that we're both into education and are both LDS, but it was still a fun experience to see how people with widely different backgrounds can have so much in common. At one point I was saying something about a family member, and Monica said that she had the same experience with her family as well, "They live 100's of miles apart and speak two different languages and yet they say the same thing."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment