Sunday, December 7, 2008

50 Real Pages

So, yes, I should be asleep right now, but with my current insomnia flare up, and 2/3 of my grading done, and all but 20 pages of The African Slave Trade read, I've been writing for the last hour instead of endless tossing and turning in bed.

I hit a milestone in the new story tonight...50 pages. The way I write it means it isn't 50 pages of consecutive storyline, I write the interesting bits first and keep working until they start to run together. However, this isn't just the first 50 random pages either, because I wrote and got rid of probably at least that much junk before I figured out who my main male character should be. No, this is 50 real, they might actually end up in the finished project, pages that make me smile when I read them.

Now if I could just find a friendly agent to take the first one off my hands...

No comments: