Monday, February 4, 2013

Ringtones and other Random Bits

So one of the cool features of cellphones is supposed to be customizing them, right?  I changed my ringtone today (a peppy bit of music from BBC's Sherlock) and realized I hadn't changed it since we bought the phone about a year ago.  Maybe it's a sign that I'm getting old.  I have at least changed my background wallpaper twice.  Yeah, it's a fall photo, so not exactly current either.  I suppose I could take this as a sign of the fact that I just have better things to do with my time.  Yeah...that's a nice theory :-)

I actually realized I have a second thing to say about ringtones (who knew it was such a fascinating subject).  I love having ringtones and other pop culture related paraphernalia that are just a little bit geeky, but that, unless you know what they are from don't seem obviously so.  There's something nice, in my late thirties, about celebrating my geekiness in a slightly lower key way.


No comments: