Thursday, October 27, 2011

You Have to Love Bargain Shopping

So in honor of finishing my dissertation chapter I took the day off of dissertating and decided to have some fun.  I wanted to go shopping but I was in kind of a splurgy mood and didn't want to decimate our bank account so I told myself I could only go to the dollar store and DI.  Not counting the boring necessary things I bought at the dollar store, my just-for-me splurge total of the day was $12.  Here's what I got for that twelve dollars:

-Cute vintage wood/metal chair, $5 (Don't ask me where I'm going to put it, but it was $5, I'll figure it out)
-Dark red floral pillow for the living room, $3
-Red and gold striped bag (which looks like it has never been used) $2
-Two fairly gorgeous new scarves that I would have paid full price for, $2

Yeah, that's a fun shopping day right there!

No comments: