This is a boring topic, but I need to blog about something so what the heck. Tracy and I have finally discovered a solution to Tracy's what to eat for breakfast problem. Tracy and I like savory things for breakfast, but Tracy goes to work so early he doesn't like to take the time to eat breakfast, and he's kind enough that he doesn't want to wake me up to make it. That led to a lot of trips to McDonalds. Finally I remembered an idea I had once read about making large batches of breakfast burritos. So I made a big batch (two weeks worth) a couple of weeks ago and Tracy really liked them. It's nice to be able to make two weeks worth of breakfast in an hour or so on Saturday.
In sadder news, my wedding present food processor died today, though getting a small appliance in this day and age to last eight and a half years is pretty good. However, since I've been trying to streamline the crap in my kitchen cabinets, I think I'm going to try to survive without one. I mostly used it to make bread crumbs, which you can apparently make in a blender and to grate large amounts of cheese, which let's face it you can do on a box grater and have less dishes. And, that drawer in my kitchen will now shut without me having to swear at it, so it's probably a good thing in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment