So for a couple of months my Grandma Maureen and I have been working on a project to help her write a life history. I've been sending her questions via e-mail and then she writes up an answer and sends it back. Then I compile them in what I hope is some sort of logical order. We're up to 12 pages now.
It's been a really delightful process, one of those few moments in life when something completely worthwhile is also easy and fun. I know I'm biased, but I've been struck with how interesting my grandmother's stories are. Maybe I'm just at an age where I'm ready to pay attention, but whatever the case I'm glad I get to work on this with her. I deal with a lot of history in my life, but doing this with my grandma has reinforced how much more interesting things are when you directly relate to them. Something to remember if I'm ever in a teaching position again.
Oh and watch out Mom...you're next :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment