Friday, September 4, 2009

A Wild Kingdom Moment

So I was standing there talking to Karri at the archives and she says, "Look, we have a bat." I didn't have any idea what she was talking about, so I gave her an odd look and she pointed to the ground right by the table I would have been sitting at, and there, crawling along in a really sad and wierd fashion was a little bat. Luckily the guys at the Archives scooped it up and took it outside, but the little guy hardly moved. I don't have a lot of hopes for his ultimate survival.

Now if it had been a mouse I would have been like, "Yeah, nice knowing you guys." But I don't know, the bat was kind of cool. The big question we all had is how it got into the Archives in the first place, I mean we have loading doors that are open sometimes, but you think someone would have noticed a bat fly in.

I felt a little better for my earlier lack of mental clarity when I went to tell Darryl about it and he gave me the same look that I must have given Karri. "A bat...like as in Batman," was the statement that finally got the message across. Yeah, I'm definitely a pop culture junkie.

No comments: