Thursday, September 17, 2009

Evil, Evil, Project

Ok, so in keeping with my new goal to send out more query letters for Rell, I'm finally trying to write a synopsis. Apparently some agents want to know the entire plot of your book before they bite, which I get, but this has been a painful process. It basically means taking my 330 page book and distilling it into a 2-5 page double spaced summary that covers all the major plot point and is, in itself, utterly fascinating.

You'd think if I could write a 330 page book, help make the horrors of Native American first contact easier for fouth graders to digest, and write a thesis, that I could manage this thing, but it hasn't happened yet.

And I'd better finish it before my husband gets sick of hearing me grumble about it and takes my laptop away!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would never dream of taking your laptop away!! I like being happily married!