I used to think I didn't like macaroni and cheese. When I was growing up my wonderful Mom (who is in all other ways a fantastic cook) always made the kind that came out of the box. You know the kind that has the atomic orange powder pack? Anyway, when Tracy and I got married he thought it was a little nuts that I didn't like macaroni and cheese, but that's because his family made it with actual cheese.
About a year or so ago, emboldened by a semi-successful attempt at making cheese sauce for a different recipe, I made macaroni and cheese for real. (Except I don't do that annoying baking part most recipes call for at the end.) Yum! Today I made it with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, with bacon and peas thrown in as well. Now I get why people think mac and cheese is comfort food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment