So I figured that since I posted a warm fuzzy temple post, I could risk a political comment. Also, hopefully this makes up for my relatively lame posts of late.
Though I'm not entirely jazzed about everything our new president has done in his first days I was very happy to hear that plans were in the works to close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay. Any of you who have talked to me about politics know this was a major issue for me, as I felt it was that thing (like Wounded Knee and Japanese Internment) that our generation as going to be apologizing for forty years from now. While I may not entirely agree with all of President Obama's positions, this was one of the reasons I voted for him, so I'm glad to see follow through so early on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment