Today was a bit of a roller-coaster day for me, my anxiety issues reared their ugly head in a fairly serious way, plus I was feeling a little physically blecky as well. (I woke up this morning from a nightmare that included both multiple fiery plane crashes and multiple nuclear bombs, no kidding.) I felt bad that I didn't go to work today but I hope I built up some good reserves so that I can go forward stronger and better adjusted. Well, a girl can dream. However, on the plus side it was also gloriously sunny today and I threw open the curtains and used that to help me settle down and get readjusted. I love sunshine, and as my uncle Erv once pointed out, though Utah has a ton of snow it also has a lot of sunny days in the winter.
On another topic I've also had the rare opportunity over the last couple of weeks to read 2 books by one of my favorite authors. The books were Heir to Sevenwaters and Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier. She writes amazing historical fantasy novels that generally knock my socks off. These two were especially enjoyable as the heroines were definitely people I could identify with and these books also avoided any racy situations. (Not that her other books are trashy by any means, but some have strayed into PG-13 territory on occasion.) I wish there were more books like these in the world. Although, if there are don't tell me until summer :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment