This has been one of those spots in my life where things have just been happier. Even with having two weird flare ups of not feeling well, it's still been a amazing couple of weeks. On the serious real-life side of things I have an internship with the Church Archives starting in January. Still only part-time, but it's really interesting work that's going to pay decently. That combined with teaching for the U and for SLCC actually makes me feel downright employable. It's an extremely good feeling.
I've also watched three good movies in the last week. First, Thor 2 last Saturday, then the epic Doctor Who special screening on Monday, and today Catching Fire. All three of them were respectably clean and thoroughly entertaining. It was a great run at the movies. It also reminds me of how grateful I am to be married to the world's best movie buddy. Tracy isn't nearly as in to Doctor Who as I am, yet he still went with me and we had a really fantastic time.
There's also been a bunch of other things, both serious and silly that have gone on in the last few weeks. I got to babysit my friend Pam's little boy this week for a couple of hours, and in spite of going through the terrible two's he was a total angel for me. My long standing favorite show (Castle) and my new favorite show (Arrow) had great episodes that were again respectably clean and also mushy. I had a great chats on the phone with my Mom and my cousin Jennie. Thanksgiving dinner turned out really yummy. I got the "Jayne's Cunning Hat" card while playing the Firefly board game with Chris, Stacia and Tracy. Tracy's Mom and Aunt came for a visit last weekend. It's almost December and I went outside without a coat today. I got an amazingly sweet note from my friend Becky. In fact, it's been so awesome, I feel like I'm forgetting things.
And can I just say again that I'm married to the most amazing-perfect-fit husband on the planet!
Like I said it's been a lovely few weeks. I definitely have a lot to be grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And Dane keeps talking about "Ann Jebel" which I'm pretty sure is Dane-ish for Aunt Jenel.
Post a Comment