So we had the missionaries over for dinner last night, which turned out pretty fun. They had picked some walnuts earlier in the day and they and Tracy got some enjoyment out of trying to get the things out of the shell, we have walnut shrapnel in our dining room, but it was pretty entertaining.
The funny, though quite embarrassing moment of the night came when Tracy offered them some ice cream. I had bought what I thought was Rocky Road ice cream, but when Tracy went to dish it up I'd bought something else that was coffee flavored. Luckily he caught it before he'd served it. I couldn't believe that not only had I not noticed it was the wrong flavor, but that we'd managed not to look at it until we had missionaries there. They gave me a good-natured hard time about it, and it lead to us sharing stories about our other near misses (or not quite misses) with things we didn't want to eat or drink. And now I've given them a new story to tell (sigh).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment