Saturday, November 9, 2013

Changing My World

So since our last visit to Boise in October, Tracy and I have made a pact to give up drinking soda.  For three weeks now we've been successful.  There were honestly times when I really hated it,  but it is finally getting easier.    The next mountain I'm trying to climb is giving up deep fried foods, including chips.   A few years ago I managed to swear off both for a couple of months and it actually started doing some good, so I'm hoping that will be true now and that I can keep it up.

I still haven't figured out exercise, and I know that's the next piece.  My anxiety and depression issues get a bit worse when my brain isn't active, and I don't want to spend any money or look like an idiot.  So someone really needs to invent a way for reading to burn calories :-) Still, Tracy and I have talked about parking farther out in parking lots, and little things like that, so hopefully that's a start.

I know I'm never going to be thin - seriously, in junior high school I was in drill team and track and basically ate the same foods as my size 6 friends and was still a size 13, so I'm not expecting miracles here.  But I would like to lose enough weight to be happy with myself in pictures and to be able to do all of the things I want to do.  

Even writing this on my blog is a little terrifying.  However, I'm comforted by the fact that not very many people read it, and those that do already like me, chubbiness and all.  At least I hope :-)

No comments: