Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Highs and Lows

I'm finally feeling a little better today, and I got to go out to lunch today with one of my friends, which was fun and gave me a lot of energy, so that's good.  I also had a great experience watching General Conference this weekend.  Here's one of my favorite quotes:

Elder Paul V. Johnson: "Getting on top of the cliffs isn't easy...just before reaching the top the climber encounters the steepest part of the trail and views of the canyon are hidden by the cliffs themselves. The final exertion is worth the effort, because once on top the views are breathtaking.  The only way to see the views is to make the climb.  A pattern in the scripture and in life shows that many times the darkest most dangerous tests immediately precede remarkable events and tremendous growth."

This quote comes in handy because I just received an very polite, but very short rejection letter from the agent who asked for pages last week.  Clearly, in my writing career I have some additional climbing to do.

No comments: