Normally the process of travelling doesn't really bug me, but yesterday was a doozy - three and a half hour flight delay, turbulence, airsickness, lost while driving...yeah, not fun.
Today was better though. I found my way to the library easily enough, and though the day was kind of uneven in terms of research results, I did find one really great thing. Here at Princeton in 1971, one of their centers had a conference about the FBI, and one of the conference papers was co-presented by someone who worked in the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. The paper is about how the Bureau responded to civil rights complaints. Definitely a great find for my topic.
I also have a great hotel, that miraculously provides both hot breakfast AND dinner. I had potstickers, rice, salad and cream puffs for dinner. Huzzah! They even have peppermint tea in their "free 24 hour" beverage station. Also, there's a cute little campus cafe in the building right across the street from the archives where I can grab lunch. Normally I have to figure out where a local grocery store is to get by when I'm travelling, but I'm not even going to bother this time. It's a real luxury.
So here's some pictures. First, because I can't seem to be able to help myself from taking pictures of trees...
And second well, because it's Princeton, of course....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment