First, let me define "time sucking." These are not the sites, like CNN, or the Internet Movie Database, that I duck into for a quick fix and can get back out in reasonable time. Oh no, these are the ones that suck me in and an hour later I'm still browsing or whatever. The problem is I wait until I actually have a little time to do it. Unfortunately that's time I could spend writing, cleaning the house, or trying to actually finish The Undaunted. Oh well.
Goodreads - There's a reason I've only logged in a few times in the last couple of months. I could spend hours on that site, looking at books and quotes etc. I just spent an hour there, which inspired this blog topic.
Amazon.com - If I'm actually shopping this isn't a problem, but if I'm just browsing, or looking at recommendations, that's when I need a timer
Real Estate Websites - It's like my own little fantasy version of House Hunters. I have my favorites. The ones who let you be specific on your search criteria without asking for your name, address and social security number :-) The current favorite location - Orcas Island. The classic version - the Washington D.C. metro area. Occasional guest appearances - Boise, Portland and Seattle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment