I watched all four sessions of General Conference and while there was great stuff in all of them, the Saturday morning session was, for me, the highlight of the weekend.
I loved Richard G. Scott's talk on being guided by the spirit. My life feels a little confused right now, so it's great to get some counsel on how to receive direction from my Heaven Father. I was especially motivated by the idea of writing down the impressions we receive, praying about them, and asking for more. Of course he also made the point that we need to ACT on our impressions, which is sometimes the hard part.
One of my favorite lines from Conference (beyond President Monson's simple but powerful "What have I done for someone else today?) was when President Uchtdorf said:
"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This is an odd thing to comment on but I thought there was only one president. I'm confused.
There is only one President of the Church, but all three members of the First Presidency (the Prophet and his two counselors) are addressed as "President."
thanks!
Post a Comment