Our ward activity this afternoon was a Pinewood Derby, Tracy and I both made cars for it. It was the first time I had ever made a Pinewood Derby car, and with some sawing and wheel attachment assistance from my cute husband I think it turned out pretty well.
Tracy's blue car with the yellow stripes is a tribute to one of his Cub Scout cars that once won "Best Boy Scout Colors" and has an awesome hood scoop.
My car's decoration was something I debated a long time over until I found the perfect set of rub-ons/transfers/decals in my scrapbooking stuff. A lot of people liked the design, which made me happy.
It also made me happy that our cars both made it to the finish line in every race, and my car actually won one of the four races it was in. I came in sixth out of about twenty cars, one theory about the success was that Tracy had accidentally put my wheels on slightly crooked, but we later found out that only having three wheels touch the track might be an advantage. Considering we didn't use weights or graphite or anything it was a pretty good result, and definitely a fun day.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment