Today Tracy got the dirt filled into our raised beds and this evening we planted them. We have two 4 by 8 raised beds along the back of our house and we've planted:
-6 Tomatoes (Yeah, that's a lot. But I bought a cherry and three regular ones and then found two other varieties I wanted and Tracy MADE me by them :-)
-3 Peppers (red, yellow, green)
-2 Cucumbers
-Celery
-Carrots
-Green Onions
-Spinach
-Basil
-Rosemary
-Dill
We will also be planting green beans when it gets a little warmer, and I planted some mint in pots because if you plant it in your garden it will apparently take over the world. We had to cover them because tonight might get too cold, but after that we should be good to go.
Honestly I was worried we wouldn't know what to plant, but if anything our beds are a bit crowded and we didn't even use all of our seeds. We are really excited about it, here's hoping we stay excited and have lots of fresh veggies.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment