Friday, February 24, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 1

So I've written about every other Twilight movie on my blog and though I'd pretty much like to pretend the series ended with Eclipse, last night we watched the first installment of Breaking Dawn. The fact that I didn't go see it on its opening weekend tells you that I was already a little leery of it. Yeah, it's really not a good movie. In fact it's pretty awful. Telepathic werewolves work in a novel, but a scene with them on screen was just crazy-bad.  I had to fast forward through two fairly large sequences because they were either too racy or just too grim.  I really think they could have mashed all of this gory/freaky stuff into thirty minutes and made one decent movie from the whole book, because in my opinion, the book starts to get a little better right at the point that the first movie cuts off.

Here's the good news - The personality they surgically removed from Taylor Lautner before he filmed Abduction seems to have been returned and, most importantly, Tracy's narration/horror/mockery of the movie was vastly entertaining.

Edit: I've had second thoughts about how harsh this is.  There were in fact, moments that I did enjoy, still I don't think I'll be adding this movie to my collection. 

No comments: