Sorry about being such a slacker on the blogging, it's been an ups and downs couple of weeks, but I think I'll focus on the positives:
-I conquered one of my cooking demons last week by successfully making chocolate chip cookies that were good. My mom, the queen of all cookie making gave me some of her secrets and I think that really helped. They still weren't quite as good as hers, but they were good enough that Tracy was disappointed when they were all gone.
-My writing buddy Pam started a book club and we had our first book club meeting tonight. It was great fun. I'm really glad I've made such good friends here, and it's great to get to know new people as well.
-We're got this fairly amazing deal on a new dryer and it's being delivered Tuesday. (See how I made that into a positive? Good work, huh?)
-I met with my dissertation adviser and she agreed with the plan to turn my dissertation from five chapters to four. It means a bit more revising but it definitely will be less work overall.
And it's almost the end of February...which means winter is drawing to a close, and so far (cross fingers, knock on wood) it's been a mild winter here. I'm definitely looking forward to spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment