Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Star Trek

So I started rewatching Star Trek Voyager because it was available on the Netflix streaming, and was surprised how addictive it was.  I think it's interesting that, really, in terms of quality I think Star Trek: The Next Generation is by far the better show (you'll notice Captain Picard was the only Star Trek character to make it on my fictional favorites list).  Yet, Voyager is the one that most sucked me in, yet again. 

I don't think of myself as a Trekkie (or Trekker or Trekster or Trekaholic, or whatever they're calling it these days).  Other than my soft spot for Spock, I find most of the Original Series to be unintentionally hilarious and/or annoying, and didn't watch Deep Space Nine or Enterprise.   Yet Voyager was lots of fun, yet again. 

Maybe it was the fact that when I watched it I was young enough to still be totally sucked in to a fantastical world, and yet old enough to relate to the characters.  (Though I find it interesting that the moment I relate the most to takes place on a Klingon barge of the dead, hmmm....)  Anyway, it's been fun to watch it again.

And it gave me something to blog about, which lately is the real bonus.

No comments: