So normally I take great joy in writing a blog entry for the 4th of July, but this year do to scheduling craziness, I probably won't get to it. So, even though it's almost a week away, I thought I'd leave you with two of my favorite patriotic themed links. The first is a Mormon Tabernacle "flash mob" at Colonial Williamsburg. The singing is great, but in the beginning are people in full period getup reading the Declaration of Independence, which I also think is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBXXLzE0-rY&feature=player_embedded#MoTabTour
The second link is a man who blogged about his son's experience with the Star Spangled Banner exhibit at the Smithsonian Museum of American History. It was one of my favorite experiences in D.C. last summer and I recently talked with my Dad who saw it this spring and also loved it.
http://blog.americanhistory.si.edu/osaycanyousee/2011/03/if-i-could-just-get-inside-that-glass-i-could-hear-the-song-in-there.html
Have a great Independence Day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment