Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Multiple Career Interests
As things have gotten a little more tight for us financially these past couple of months I've occasionally wondered if I made the right decision to quit my job at the county archives. When I was talking to my mom the other day about the good news from the literary agent we jokingly talked about how many careers one person can keep going at the same time. Well, I think the answer in my case is two, but not three. I found out today that I was awarded a great fellowship for school next year. It's a fellowship I was able to apply for precisely because I've had time to work on my dissertation. That combined with the fact I've been able to work more on my writing, both creatively and professionally, makes me think it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Apparently while I couldn't juggle archivist, historian and fiction writer, I can juggle historian and fiction writer .... well today anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment