Sunday, October 31, 2010

Joyce Kilmer Was Right

So I made it to Salem, OR.  I'll be here for a week doing research for the American West Center, while my very sweet husband continues to keep things running back at the ranch.  

I have to admit that my hotel is absolutely unscenic.  The room is huge and comfy enough but it has a right off the freeway location with a charming view of the parking lot.    However, the drive down here from Portland, the one I was so nervous about, was beautiful.  There's still plenty of fall color here and that combined with the pine trees makes for some stunning scenery.  I forget how truly lovely it is out here.  I have to admit it's taking quite a bit of will power not to play hooky and make a break for the coast :)  There's a reason the photo above has been my blog banner for so long.

And if you're wondering what on earth the title of this post means see the link below:
http://www.bartleby.com/104/119.html

No comments: