So my Mom and I have started our own little book club and the current selection is To Kill a Mockingbird. I love the book and the movie, but my Mom hadn't read it, so we decided to read it together. When she was down for her last visit I let her borrow my copy (because she doesn't like her public library) and I checked one out.
When I handed my copy to her I noticed I'd underlined and starred a lot of text. Now, I really like this book so that's not unheard of, but for me and a fiction book, it is a little odd. It looked for all the world like notes I would make in a book for grad school. (The fact I actually had that thought will demonstrate how nutty I've apparently gotten)
Well I finished the book today and was reading something someone had written about it portraying southern gender roles and something rushed into my brain - I had written a paper on that topic. Yeah, I had read it in a graduate class - recently. Now granted it was in my first year here at the U so its been a couple of years, but still the fact I didn't remember that has me wondering if my brain has found itself in pea soup level fog. Sigh...maybe it's a good thing I'm quitting one of my jobs :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment