Monday, April 19, 2010

Running Playlist Part 1

I officially closed my Princess Bride Quote of the Day blog today, I've been having trouble keeping up with my blogging lately so I thought I'd concentrate on this one.

So I thought I'd start a silly topic for myself, inspired by driving around in the nice spring weather with the windows down and the stereo blasting. I've noticed that there are a few songs that no matter my mood I almost never skip. And though my music taste isn't the most high-brow or cool it does give me something to blog about.

Today's entries are:

-"The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News
Cheesy yes, but fun and mushy and it reminds me of Michael J. Fox on a skateboard which is always worth a smile.

-"Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse
From the Twilight soundtrack, it's the song that's playing during the vampire baseball game. It tends to make me want to drive a little too fast, and always gives me some sort of odd confidence boost.

-"Superman Main Title" by John Williams or John Ottman, depending on the vintage. Whether it's my love of Superman or just how generally powerful and fun it is, this song always makes me happy

Hmmm...an unintended theme of movie soundtracks today.

No comments: