I've decided I'm closing out my facebook account tommorow. I'd do it tonight, but I wanted to have the status that I was leaving posted for a bit, otherwise it feels like hanging up on people. Yeah, I know I'm wierd.
I really like so many things about it, but there are just too many issues with it. I find that it makes me unhappy as much as it makes me happy. The thing that makes me feel wierd about it is that I've championed facebook with a few people, and I still agree with all of those things that I said. I love finding old friends, I love the easy connection with people I don't see everyday, I love getting updates from organizations I'm interested in, but in the end it's just one more thing to worry about - which I don't need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't blame you at all- I often feel the same way about facebook- someone in one of my classes wrote a paper about how it alienates people as much as it brings them together. I'm glad I can still catch up with you here!
Post a Comment