I have too many hobbies.
Seriously - here's a list of things I do, or am learning how to do, or feel like I should be learning how to do (at least the ones I can think of at the moment):
-Writing Fiction (though this should be a profession, but it's a hobby until someone pays me for it)
-Writing Poetry
-Reading Books
-Papercrafts (Cards, scrapbooking, etc.)
-Crafts (anything not falling into the above category, including jewelry making, decoupage, home decor DIY....I'm beginning to think this list would be freakishly long if it weren't for the word "crafts")
-Learning to play the Piano
-Crochet
-Gardening
-Cooking
-Baking
-Camping
-Postcard Collecting
-Watching TV
-Going to the Movies
This list does not count the things - like learning to play the guitar - that I started enough to actually buy books for, but never did anything with. (Though this is part of why Tracy talked to me after coming home teaching and asked me out on a date so I'm pretty happy about that one) It also doesn't count things - like playing volleyball - that my younger self was good at, but I can no longer really do.
Apparently I like projects and goals and learning new things. However, I sometimes think that save item #1, my sheer number of hobbies keeps me from being particularly good at any of them. Yet they also keep me doing things that are happy and productive. (Even those last two have helped me make friends.) I sometimes just wish I had a little better focus, and a few more hours in the day.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment