Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Plot in Need of Thickener
So I'm working on a novel I started in mid-February, a new novel that has now reached over 80 pages. I'm trying to write it as fast as humanly possible, resisting the urge to revise and just plowing through. The trick with this is that one of my biggest weaknesses as a writer is that I struggle with action/adventure/mystery style plots. Now if I were a romance novelist or a literary fiction writer this probably wouldn't be quite so much of a problem, but the stories I like best have action and intrigue and well...story, and I want my novels to have the same thing. Therefore I tend to spend a lot of time staring at blank notebook pages and scribbling ideas until something makes some sort of sense. If the writing fairies could grant me a gift (besides making a living as a writer) I would ask for a natural talent for plot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment