So I was beginning to wonder if my geek credentials were going to be permanently tarnished by the fact that I hadn't watched Doctor Who. Every time I turned around, someone was extolling the virtues of the nameless Doctor and his time-traveling Police Call Box. So it came up on Netflix and I started watching it. Now, I was nervous because apparently people get REALLY into this show, and frankly I don't think grown-up me needs the return of Superfan Jenel of the X-Files years. The good news, I like the show, it's fun and funny and VERY geektacular (William Shakespeare and multiple Harry Potter references in the same episode, yeah, sign me up.) The even better news -- as much as I like it, I have no urge to write bad fan-fiction, or name my firstborn TARDIS.
However, between the good Doctor and reading a book set in the UK this week I actually said the phrase, "I'm rubbish at math" in conversation yesterday. (At least I didn't say "maths" which is the pure Brit version, I believe). Anyway, the current book I'm reading is set in the desert of eastern Oregon, so that should help me reset my vocabulary:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment