Friday, November 16, 2012

Ah...the Rollercoaster

So I've been in a process of applying and interviewing for a job at Green River Community College in Auburn, WA.  It was a job I really wanted and thought I was a good fit for.  I found out today that the job came down to me and one other person, and they went with the other person.  The e-mail they sent me turning me down was possibly the nicest rejection I've ever received, in fact they made it clear that if I lived in the area or ever ended up in the area, they would love to have me as a adjunct.  It's always hard to come so close to something you think you really want and then have it not work out, but at the same time, overall, it was an amazingly positive experience.

1 comment:

pambelina said...

I'm sorry you didn't get it, but selfishly happy as well. I didn't want you to move so far away.