Monday, May 21, 2012

All Sorts of News

We had an amazingly fun birthday/anniversary weekend.  Tracy planned it as a surprise for me and it was just right.  We went to the Utah Symphony at Abravanel Hall, where I learned I'm a bigger fan of Beethoven than of Brahms.  Saturday we went to the Desert Star Theater for a parody musical called The Princess Bridesmaid, to the Melting Pot for dinner (one of my very favorites), and stayed at an amazing historic inn near the Capitol Building.  On Sunday we took a drive through one of the canyons where I was able to get a small fix for my pine tree withdrawal.  It was great.

On the job front the bad news is that I got turned down for a job I really wanted in Washington, but the good news is that I was offered to a chance to teach a class for the University of Utah in the Fall.  Nice to know I am at least somewhat employable.

No comments: