I'm trying to gently and frugally expand my recipe set and cooking skills, so yesterday when looking at a magazine I saw a post-Thanksgiving sandwich idea that suggested making a sandwich with turkey and veggies in gravy put on a biscuit to taste like chicken pot pie.
Riffing on that idea and knowing we had a pretty good stash of canned chicken and biscuit mix I took the idea and made it into biscuits and gravy. I sauteed onions and carrots in butter with some rosemary and sage. Then I made some turkey gravy (started homemade but I threw in a packet to stretch it) and put the veggies and a can of chicken in it. It tasted a little heavy so I sprinkled in some lemon juice and at the very end added some frozen peas. Then we spooned the stuff over the biscuits. Now I doubt it would win any cooking competitions, but it is yummy and fast and cheap. Hurray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment