Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep

So my presentation turned out to be a low-key, good experience.  I received a lot of good feedback and an indication of some changes I can make when I go to rewrite the chapter.

I just got back from grocery and Thanksgiving shopping.  I was a little nervous about braving the stores the Saturday before Thanksgiving, but it was surprisingly pleasant.  I was also happy that I was able to afford a few splurges (fresh flowers, fresh herbs, pricier turkey breast, butter) and stock ups (three meals worth of pork chops, dirt cheap canned fruit and veggies) and still come in somewhat under budget.  A definite blessing to be thankful for!  I think part of the miracle comes from the fact that our produce basket this week contained not only the regular fruit I was hoping for, but three quarters of the extra stuff I knew I needed for Thanksgiving, like red potatoes and extra celery and onions.  Now if the cooking goes as well as the buying we will be in business.

No comments: