Sometimes the world of pop culture just hands you a present; like when Steve Young starred in Lois & Clark or when Howard Shore did the music for Twilight: Eclipse. The latest example of this is Brad Paisley's song "Old Alabama." I knew (due to Twitter) that he was doing some sort of song that had to do with the group Alabama, which made me happy, because when I was a little kid that's one of the groups I remember listening to with my whole family. Then I heard the song. Not only does it sample an Alabama song, it samples the Alabama song, "Mountain Music." This is the song I remember listening to over and over, watching my little brothers dance around like (very macho I assure you) maniacs as we all giggled. They were little enough that I'm not even sure they'd remember it, but I do, and this new song echoes one of my favorite childhood memories. So needless to say, in spite of a hint of raciness, "Old Alabama" is my favorite song of the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment