Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Death of a Television

Ok, so this is not an exciting topic, but I'm having blogging blahs so it will do.

Our television died last Friday.   We've only had it four years, which seems like a short life especially, considering that, as far as I know, the decade old television it replaced is still happily working 2,196 miles* away from here.

We can still watch things that have been recorded on our DVR using our PCs, but nonetheless it's oddly aggravating.    I've been trying to be grateful that it wasn't something more essential that gave out, and I really am, but there's also the annoying fact that if something essential gave out I wouldn't feel guilty about buying a new one.  Alas and alack.  Still, with all the monster chaos going on in the world these days,  a dead television is something I can handle.

* Literally.  You've got to love Google Maps.

1 comment:

Michaele said...

It does still work. I am watching it now.