Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Exams and other news

I received an e-mail from my advisor today that explained the whole grading process of my cumulative exams. Apparently, I don't get to find out about my writtens before the orals. I go in, do my oral exam and then I have to go out in the hall and wait while they decide whether or not I've passed. It was a nice e-mail that made me smile though, so hopefully that's a good sign.

In other news, I found out last week that I received a $450 scholarship to attend the Conference of Inter-Mountain Archivists next week (May 15th). They take out the conference registration and then give me a check for "expenses" so I'll actually get some take home money out of the deal. It makes me happy, not only do I get to attend the conference with the cool people I work with at the county archives, but I also get some cash, and a snazzy line for the resume/cv. Yay!

No comments: